IT nowadays has become part of every company, you can’t take your business global without the use of any IT services. Therefore, gaining skills in IT had become very necessary for everyone. You don’t need to sit in the lecture halls to be thought with the wide availability of courses and certifications on the web. Wondering which IT Skills to start learning? Read more:
Table of Contents
How can you gain IT skills?
- Teach yourself: Many programming languages, data analysis techniques, and certain IT skills can be self-taught through online courses or home projects.
- Certifications: Certifications can be a solid way to ensure your abilities meet professional standards. You’ll generally have to study for and pass an exam. Sites such as Udemy, Coursera, SkillUp, YouTube, and other online platforms offer great training in IT-related courses.
- Degrees: Even though perhaps more time-consuming than the other options, getting a degree in computer science or a related field can be a structured way to gain the technical skills needed to enter the computer world. With a lot of scholarships available for both premium online and in-person schools, you can gain skill in IT.
Note: The good news is that everyone can take a course to have some skills in IT.
Demanding IT Skills
Being able to program will be a must for those who want to develop software, web applications, and websites. It’ll also be useful for IT workers who want to automate tasks. The languages below are commonly requested of programmers:
Cybersecurity has become one of the most in-demand tech skills. It deals with safeguarding computer systems and networks from cyberattacks that intend to access, modify, or destroy sensitive or confidential information. With cyber-attacks becoming more common and harmful, the demand for cybersecurity professionals is increasing.
- Cybersecurity Risk Management Frameworks Specialization on Coursera
- Certified Cybersecurity on (isc2).
- Cyber Security Awareness courses
Systems and Network Administrator:
Making sure computer systems and networks are operating smoothly is central to the work of an IT team. Typical roles specializing in this skill set include system administrators and network administrators.These skills include:
- Administering diverse operating systems like Windows, Linux, or Mac.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware and software.
- Maintaining local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), storage area networks (SAN), and virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Troubleshooting and helping employees with technical issues.
Artificial Intelligence refers to the intelligence demonstrated by machines. AI professionals focus on building machines that are programmed to think like humans. These machines are capable of doing tasks that require human intelligence.
As per Grand View Research, “the global artificial intelligence market size was valued at USD 39.9 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 42.2% from 2020 to 2027.”
- Applied AI with Deep Learning by IBM on Coursera.
- Designing the Future of Work by the University of New South Wales on Coursera.
- Intro to Artificial Intelligence on Udacity.
Cloud computing refers to storing and accessing computing services, such as databases, software, servers, networking, and analytics, over the internet. It allows companies to store files and applications on remote servers instead of the computer’s hard drive and then access it via the Internet. To access the data, the users do not have to be present at a specific place, rather they can access it remotely.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing on Amazon AWS for Beginners on Udemy.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing on Coursera.
Many new technologies keep emerging, evolving, and disappearing, these eight most in-demand IT skills are not disappearing soon.
Learning these most in-demand IT skills will help you build and enhance your skills and realize your potential and prove your worth in the corporate world.