The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship is open for applications. The award supports interdisciplinary research and original fieldwork by providing a substantial yearly allowance for research and travel, enabling the Scholars to gain first-hand contact with the diverse communities that can enrich their studies.
Moreover, each Scholar is paired with a distinguished Trudeau Mentor selected by the Foundation among the most eminent Canadian practitioners in all sectors of public life. The Scholarship also offers the opportunity to interact with an exceptional community of leaders and committed individuals in every field of the social sciences and humanities, to participate in events organized by the Foundation and to hold their own workshops, through available financial support.
Annual value up to $60,000 (including an annual travel allowance of $20,000) per Scholar for a maximum of three years.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
To be considered for a Trudeau Scholarship, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canadian university;
- Be a Canadian citizen applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a foreign university
- Be a foreign national [with a preference for candidates from the developing world] applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full- Office of the Dean 3 time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canadian university – Present a research project linked to one of the four themes of the Foundation – Be nominated by a university
- Present a research project linked to one of the Foundation’s four themes (Human rights and dignity; Responsible citizenship; Canada in the world; People and their natural environment)
- Must be nominated by a University
- High academic standing (minimum GPA requirement A-)
Candidates are evaluated based on their academic achievement, which must be on par with the highest standards of the world’s most prestigious doctoral scholarship programs. Future scholars must also demonstrate an ability to engage in lively exchange with other researchers and scholars, and have an expressed desire to contribute to public dialogue.
How to Apply for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship
Interested students must complete and submit their electronic application package through the Trudeau Foundation website online application system by the internal deadline stated above.
For more information, visit Trudeau Foundation Scholarship.