The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (MCFSP at KNUST)
Our goal is to raise the next generation of ethical and transformative leaders who would influence positive forward-looking changes in their respective home countries specifically and on the African Continent as a whole.
The Scholarship Scheme at KNUST provides comprehensive scholarships for access to quality university education to QUALIFIED academically talented, yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program offers an opportunity for her scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to become effective change leaders. The Program provides an array of services including mentorship, ethical leadership seminars, skills training, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will equip the scholar to be a global citizen
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
- At the time of application, all prospective candidates must have in their possession, a genuine and valid WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O ‘Level & A ‘Level or their equivalent results from an accredited/recognized institutions. Applicant’s results must not be more than five years old.
2. The candidates must further meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. The scholarship is awarded contingent on the premise that the applicant is successfully admitted into a program at KNUST.
3. For admission into KNUST Ghanaian applicants need to purchase an E voucher for the purpose and fill the application for admission whenever the online portal opens – (HERE!) international applicants are instructed to visit the same address and select the option for International students only.
4. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be processed for the scholarship.
5. The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
6. The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
7. Priority shall be given to: [ Females, Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
and Persons with Disability ]
8. The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
9. The Applicant must NOT be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
10. Eligible candidates for the scholarship can apply by downloading the application form (HERE!)
11. The scholarship application form is free and has a feature of a “2022” watermark.
12. Qualified applicants should apply for the scholarship as soon as they can. Do not wait until admissions are opened at KNUST.
13. Completed application forms must be sent via courier mail (Eg. EMS, DHL, Fedex, UPS) to the address below;
|The Program Manager|
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST
Africa Hall Road, Impact Building
PS: Whereas the staggered interviews will begin in May 2022, any application arriving after 30th June, 2022 shall not be processed.
International Applicants Should Note and attach copies of their original certificates of their results or their equivalent results.
Worth of MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance and a full-year monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
How to Apply for MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
Download a copy of the 2022/2023 application form (Here!).
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
|The Program Manager|
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE: ON OR BEFORE MONDAY, MAY 31, 2021!!
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of All examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of Successful applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website
- The application for the scholarship is a staggered ongoing process, from mid-March to end of September, 2022.
- There will be 3 interviews in sequence conducted by 3 independent panels and at each stage, unsuccessful candidates would be notified.
- For Ghanaian applicants, there would be unannounced on-site visits.
- Successful applicants would be written to only when their results have been verified, interviewed 3 times and for Ghanaian applicants visited.
- There are absolutely No Charges/ Fees/ Facilitation/ Agents or Intermediaries Required at any stage of this process.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for dismissal.
- The decisions of the Terminal Selection Committee are Final.
- Telephone numbers, Skype IDs and email addresses provided by applicants should be Active at all times to receive critical information on their application.
For further enquiry and assistance on how to apply, please contact the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790 / +233-3220-62975 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applicants shall not contact the Secretariat under any circumstances on the status of their application. The Secretariat would inform and contact applicants as when necessary.