National Service Secretariat Requirements: Students in Ghana who have graduated from a postsecondary institution that has been recognized by the government are required by law to perform one year of national service for Ghana. The National Service Secretariat is the government entity in Ghana that has been given the responsibility of formulating national service policies and organizational structures.
The following is a list of the criteria that must be fulfilled in order for an individual to be accepted into the program.
READ ALSO: MTN Bright Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023
- The National Service Secretariat is the entity responsible for disseminating PIN numbers.
- On the website for the national service, you look up the PIN number.
- On the national service site, you make a payment to activate your personal identification number (PIN).
- You now go on to the next step, which is to enlist in the national service over the internet.
- Placement (postings) will be released days after registration
- On the website for national service, you look for placements, also known as postings.
- You print an appointment letter
- You will need to have the organization that you are now stationed at endorse the appointment letter, therefore you will mail it there.
- After you have received the endorsement, you will proceed to the website for the national service to make an appointment for regional validation and acceptance.
The next step, biometric registration, follows after the validation step.
- After the biometric registration and days into your service, you would be required to login into your dashboard. There will be an opportunity available to input the details of your ezwitch card.
- Before you are paid for the month, you will need to print out your evaluation form by the middle of each month, get it approved by the person in charge of your work at the institution, and send it to the regional office by the 15th of each month.
- Getting to the end of the national service, you would be required to print a yearly evaluation form from your dashboard, submit it to your supervisor to be filled and stamped then send it to your regional national service office.
- After you have completed your national service, you will be able to make a request for your certificate online and have it mailed to you.
At this time, young Ghanaians must be at least eighteen years old and have completed or be in the process of receiving their first degree or diploma from an institution of tertiary education in order to be eligible for national service.
- Means of identification, which is either a valid National ID Card, Voters Card (may not be accepted), SSNIT Card, Passport, or Driver’s License.
Please be aware that health insurance cards are not permitted.
- Scanned passport picture not more than 1Mb. Take note that information like this will be included on the final certificate.
- Information about the applicant This information consists of your name, sex, date of birth, nationality, name of institution, course of study, email address, contact information, region, home address, Ghana Post (GPS) address, guardian information, and next of kin information.
- Service information. This includes information such as whether or not you are now working, whether or not you are on study leave, whether or not you have previously served in the military, whether or not you have military training, as well as your height and clothing size details.
- Posting preference. You need to select three regions that you would want to be assigned to, and then arrange them in the order of your desire.
You are required to choose either educational assistance, commercial support, or entrepreneurial support as your industrial choice for the three regions that were selected in the order that you like them.