The Ghana Standards Authority has over the years, through its Certificate Directorate – Industrial Support Department been rendering training to several industries in both the private and public sectors.It does also organize training for governmental institutions.
Why does the Ghana Standards Authority offer these courses?
The Industrial Support Department of the GSA offers courses because of demands from the Institution’s clients and customers. These courses are offered as initiative to realize the institution’s mandate of grooming the required expertise when it comes to quality control and industrial audits.
What is unique about courses offered by the GSA?
The Ghana Standards Authority offers arranged courses to its industry clients. Courses are taught on site and industries could arrange for such courses to be taught on their premises.
The Industrial Support Department also boast of having tutors with the relevant expertise overseeing the teaching of its courses. An individual must also take note of the following:
- Rigorous selection and qualification processes are undertaken to appoint tutors
- Class sizes are small and as a policy,it offers a conducive environment at each training to encourage maximum learning
- All courses are approved by the Chartered Quality Institute
Courses offered by the Ghana Standards Authority
The Standards Authority offers management systems programmes like:
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS: this entails foundation course in Quality Management Systems,Internal Quality Auditor course and Lead Auditors Course
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS: this entails foundation course in Environmental Management Systems and internal auditor course in Environmental Management Systems
- OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS: this course includes foundation course in Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and internal auditor course in Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS: this programme includes foundation course in Food Safety Management Systems and internal auditor course in Food Safety Management Systems
- GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COMPETENCY OF TESTING AND CALIBRATION LABORATORIES: it entails foundation course in Laboratory Management Systems and internal auditor course in Laboratory Management Systems
Other in-house courses are;
- HACCP FOUNDATION COURSE
- ADVANCED HACCP COURSE
- HACCP FOR RESTAURATEURS
- GOOD HYGIENIC PRACTICES IN FOOD INDUSTRIES
- METROLOGY FOR PUMP MECHANICS
- FOUNDATION COURSE IN INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- TESTING AND INSTRUMENTATION COURSE
- COURSE IN FOOD HANDLING AND PACKAGING
- CACULATION OF MEASUREMENT UNCERTAINTY FOR TESTING LABORATORIES
How are courses presented?
Courses are taught only in English.Courses are presented using a variety of training methods and techniques, and these include lectures, videos, assignments, handbooks and exercises
The pass mark for all courses where examinations are required is 70% upon which a certificate of SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION will be issued. For such courses; a participant who obtains less than 70% score shall be issued a certificate of PARTICIPATION.
For courses where no examinations are required, only certificates of PARTICIPATION shall be issued. Attendance for all courses must be 100%
If you’re therefore looking for avenues to further train yourself in quality control and auditing,look no further than the Ghana Standards Authority.