On Facebook, auto-play can occasionally be really unpleasant, especially given how much data it uses. Finding the auto-play options in Facebook might be challenging because the app is constantly being updated. On this topic, we will discover how to stop Facebook videos from automatically playing.
Steps to turn off auto-play videos on Facebook
Your video autoplay settings can be changed at any time. Your Android phone’s settings to be modified:
- In Facebook’s upper right corner, tap the menu.
- After selecting Settings, scroll down and select Settings & privacy.
- Tap Media under Preferences as you scroll down.
- Tap one of the following options after scrolling down to the Autoplay section:
- Videos will always autoplay on this setting on mobile data and Wi-Fi.
- Only for Wi-Fi: With this option, videos will only automatically play when your device is Wi-Fi connected.
- Never Autoplay Videos: With this option selected, videos will never autoplay.
Try upgrading the Facebook app on google play if you can’t view the Media options on your Android phone.
Keep in mind that only videos are affected by the autoplay setting. Reels will keep playing automatically even after this parameter is changed.