This article is a comprehensive guide on How To Get A UK Visa In Ghana and all you need to know about the VISA application process
VISA stands for Visitors International Stay Admission. A VISA can be defined as an endorsement on a passport that shows the holder is permitted to enter, depart, or remain in a country for a set period of time.
When traveling to another country, a VISA is considered one of the most important documents.
Types of VISAS
- Visa for tourists
- Visas for immigration and naturalization
- Student visas (for studying abroad)
- Work or business visas (for working, which includes both non-immigrant and immigrant types)
- The relevant UK authorities in charge of visa applications make a judgement on your visa based primarily on UK visa documents. There are certain documents necessary for each UK visa. You must be able to understand and gather all of these documents depending on the type of visa you are seeking for. Then you submit. However, you must make sure your documents meet the requirements for the visa in order not to be rejected.
What are the Requirements to get a UK VISA in Ghana
To apply for a UK visa, you must have in possessed or submit the following or copies of the following documents:
- Completed UK visa application form.
- Passport photographs (about two)
- Valid National Identification Card
- Birth Certificate
- Your Valid Passport.
- Proof of financial means to cover your living costs while in the UK ( depending on the type of visa)
- Proof of accommodation
- A Detailed travel plan
- Covid ‘19 Test Results.
- Biometric information Or details
- UK visa fees
Additional Requirements to get a UK VISA According to Your Status
Additional documentation will be required depending on your status for traveling:
- If you are a student, submit official details of your schooling
- An official letter from your employer (If you are employed)
- Business registration documents (If you are self-employed)
For Applicants Under the age of 18
- Birth Certificate
- Details of Parents or Guardian (where applicable)
How to get a UK VISA In Ghana
Residents in Ghana who would like to apply for a visa with all the requirements intact should can contact the UK Embassy in Ghana through the contact details listed below:
Mission: British High Commission, Accra, Ghana
Street Address: Osu Link off Gamel Abdul Nasser Avenue PO Box 296 Accra Ghana
Telephone: + 233 302 213 250