Looking For ways to pay legon fees with Momo or Visa Card ? Pay your UG fees with UGpay by following the guidelines.
- Visit sts.ug.edu.gh and login with your student id and pin.
- Select ‘Make Payment’ in the top left corner of the page.
- Choose the type of fees you’re paying i.e academic or residential.
- Choose Network And Enter details for payment of school fees.
- Wait For a Prompt and Authorize Payment.
Table of Contents
Detailed Guidelines To make UG Fees Payment Found Below
The University of Ghana’s new payment system [ UGpay ] has made paying fees become much easier. Students can now make payments through mobile money or Visa or even Master cards. So you don’t need to worry anymore. The idea of joining the long queues at the bank just to pay the academic fees or residential fees is now in the past. From the comfort of your home you can make instant payments of your fees with the UGpay system online. Infomargin gives you a guide to pay legon fees with momo /mobile money succesfully.
Follow the Guidelines to make successful payment
The University of Ghana deployed a web-based solution “UGPay” for payment of fees. It serves a platform for secure ‘‘online’’ payments of tuition, graduation, application forms etc. For fees as well as payments for other services rendered by or needed from the University. The platform accepts Mobile Money and GTBank payments and also both Visa card and Mastercard.
1.Visit sts.ug.edu.gh and login with your student id and pin.
- Make sure to type the student id you got upon admission and also type it well.
- Verify and login with your PIN.
NB: Never give your ID and PIN to anyone.
2.Select ‘Make Payment’ in the top left corner of the page
- After logging in, Verify that it’s your account by looking at your Name. So that you don’t end up paying fees for someone else.
- Select the menu at the left top corner of the page and then choose Make Payment.
3. Choose the type of UG fees you’re paying i.e academic or residential.
In the drop down menu, select the type of fees you want to pay. Whether:
- Academic fees (Your main school fees for the academic year).
- Residential fees ( Fees for your residence/hall thus if you have a room for accomodation on campus). Or
- Internship Fees (This is the fees required when you vouch for an internship form/letter when you want to do internship)
NB: If you do not have a hall of residence or a room on campus. You dont need to pay residential fees. Even if you are affiliated to the hall, if you dont have a room Don’t pay residential fees.
4. Fill The Make Payment Form and Enter the Amount.
- On the form, your student id and your full name may be filled already. Check if the information is correct.
- Enter the amount you want to pay and verify the currency.
- Select the payment system( For now Its MYGHPAY )and click on Make payment.
NB: Always make sure you choose the right payment system since they may add other payment systems in the future so.
5. Choose A Payment Method.
On the new pop-up page, select the method you want to use to make payment. In this case it’s Mobile Money. But the options available are GT Bank account, Mobile Money and Visa/Mastercard.
6. Choose Network And Enter details;
- Choose your network carrier whether MTN or Vodafone or any other.
- Enter the number you want to make the payment with.
- Depending on the network you use,Enter the details , wait for a prompt for authorization.
- Authorize payment to make the payment.
- Or choose wallet network and follow the steps to create a voucher
- Enter voucher code, click pay, wait for confirmation, and print your receipts later.
You can also pay the UG fees with GT Bank by continuing with these steps:
- This option is only for GT Bank Account Holders.
- After Selecting GT Bank account, Fill the form with your account number, user ID Password. And then select the answer to your preset secret question.
- If you need help regarding how to find any of the details to fill the form. Please select the question mark icon beside the detail. Like the highlighted in the image above.
- After filling out the form select Pay.
Pay with Visa/Master card by continuing with these steps:
- Click on the option to pay with your Visa or mastercard
- Fill out the form with your details then proceed by selecting Pay.
FOR NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS; GENERAL FEE PAYMENTS AT BANKS
Students must take note of the following when making payments:
- Only pay fees at University of Ghana APPROVED BANKS (listed below).
- All deposits at the bank should be made with a FEE DEPOSIT SLIP.
- All deposits at the bank should be made with CASH ONLY.
- Always ensure the STUDENT INDEX NUMBER and NAMES are correctly quoted.
- Always ensure the AMOUNT quoted on the receipt is the correct amount paid.
- Ensure the account name is that of UNIVERSITY OF GHANA.
- Keep Payments by CHEQUE (NO PERSONAL CHEQUES) can be made at the University’s Cash Office ONLY.
B. Student fees can be paid using any of the following mediums:
- At the bank
- Online using Visa card, Mastercard or Mobile Money (MTN and Vodafone) – https://sts.ug.edu.gh/ugpay
- Cheques (payable only at University of Ghana Cash Office)
THE APPROVED BANKS TO PAY UG FEES:
C. Ghanaian Students (excluding students studying by Distance Education and students of the College of Health Sciences):
- Standard Chartered BankAccount Name: University of Ghana Students Account
- Ecobank Ghana LimitedAccount Name: University of Ghana School Fees Account
- Absa Bank Ghana LimitedAccount Name: University of Ghana Student Fee Collection Account
- Consolidated BankAccount Name: University of Ghana Student Fee Collection Account
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Ghana) LimitedUGPay – Secure online payment platform for Visa card, Mastercard & Mobile MoneyVisit: https://sts.ug.edu.gh/ugpay
- Republic Bank Ghana LimitedAccount Name: University of Ghana – Fees
- Universal Merchant BankUMB Collect Form
- Access Bank
- Stanbic Bank Ghana LimitedAccount Name: University of Ghana Fee Collection Account
- Prudential Bank
- GCB Bank Limited
D. Distance Education:
THE APPROVED BANKS FOR FEE COLLECTION:
- Ghana Commercial BankAccount Name: College of Education DE Students Fee Collection Account
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Ghana) Limited UGPay – Secure online payment platform for Visa card, Mastercard & Mobile Money
E. College of Health Sciences:
- Ghanaian Students Only:Ecobank Ghana LimitedAccount Name: University of Ghana College of Health Sciences Student Fee Account
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Ghana) LimitedUGPay – Secure online payment platform for Visa card, Mastercard & Mobile MoneyAlso Note; Per The university of Ghana admission rules , a student is required to make at-least 50% of the academic fees for a semester before the student is allowed to register for the courses.