The Ghana Armed Forces prides itself as an employer that gives equal opportunity to everyone hence does not entertain any rogue middleman and does not engage in sales of advertised vacancies. The military force only grants employment to applicants who meet criteria instituted for recruitment.
Who is generally eligible to apply for recruitment at the armed forces?
Per statutory laws and guidelines of the Ghana Armed Forces,for an individual eligible to apply for recruitment that applicant must;
- Be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
- He or she must be of good character and behavior and must not be bonded under any deal.
- Also, the individual must not be married and should bot be less than 18 years and not more than 26 years by the time of application.
- He or she must also be medically pronounced fit by Ghana Armed Forces standard.
- The individual must pass the Pre Joining Fitness Test and hold a minimum height of 1.68m (5’6”) for males and 1.60m (5’4”) for females. However, for Military Police option only; the applicant must meet the minimum height for male applicants which is 1.75m (59`) and 1.70m (5’ 7”) for females.
What are the academic requirements?
For academic results expected by the Ghana Armed Forces, the applicant must;
- BECE certificate with a minimum of Six (6) Passes including English and Mathematics and a WASSCE certificate with at least Six (6) credits (not less than C6 ) including core english, core mathematics and science.
- Or the applicant must hold a BECE certificate with specifications as previous and an SSSCE certificate with a minimum of Six (6) credits (not less than D ) including Core English and Core Mathematics.
- The applicant can however be a holder of GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels certificates. Should have passed five (5) Credits (not less than 6) which should include English and Mathematics at GCE ‘O’ Level and not less than D in three subjects and General Paper at GCE ‘A’ Level.
What are the exclusions?
For an applicants seeking recruitment as regular officers, there are special selection offer for them.Such applicants must
- Have met the general eligibility requirements and should also be holders of accredited first degrees acquired from a recognized university.
- This first degree should not be below that of a Second Class Lower.
- Such applicants could hold first degree certificates in civil Engineering, electrical engineering,mechanical engineering, building technology management and geomatics/geodetic engineering
- They can also hold the first degrees in structural engineering real estate, project management, material engineering,BTech (Automobile), biomedical engineering, forensic science, sociology, psychology English language, French, political science and physics
- And bachelor’s certificates in chemistry, biology, mathematics, biochemistry, logistics, procurement , supply chain management, warehouse Management, graphic design, publishing Studies industrial arts and fashion design, to mention a few.
These are the general and selective requirements an applicant must meet before he or she shall be recruited into the Ghana Armed Forces.