Most at times it is worthy to know the best health insurance companies in Ghana. HealthCare should be a priority to all, and diseases shouldn’t be something to boast of. But being infected and diseased is extremely unprecedented hence one must insure him or herself against such future predicament.
This article will therefore give you a head-on on the best health insurance companies in Ghana that you can insure your health with.
What is the best health insurance companies in Ghana?
All health insurance companies in Ghana can be grouped into two broad categories which are the,
- Life Insurers
- Non-life Insurers
What are the life insurers health insurance companies in Ghana?
A life insurance policy guarantees the insurer pays a sum of money to named beneficiaries when the insured dies in exchange for the premiums paid by the policyholder during their lifetime. It is normally a contract between an insurer and the policy or insurance company.
What are the key policies to know under the life insurer?
- When the insured dies, the policy’s named beneficiaries will receive the policy’s face value, or death benefit.
- Term life insurance policies expire after a certain number of years. Permanent life insurance policies remain active until the insured dies, stops paying premiums, or surrenders the policy.
- A life insurance policy is only as good as the financial strength of the company that issues it. State guaranty funds may pay claims if the issuer can’t.
The life insurer health insurance companies in Ghana
Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited
Allianz provides life insurer insurance to your family by ensuring your family’s financial future is always the right choice to make. That’s why, Allianz, have designed a range of insurance products with the most comprehensive benefits and great value to cater to you and your family when things go wrong. It has been designed for medium term and emerging consumer plans. They are headquartered at 35 Patrice Lumumba Road, Volta Place and can be contacted through email on [email protected]
Africa Life Insurance Company Limited
They secure assurance with the adequate sum assured by providing you with a financial peace of mind in case of death or total and permanent disability following Illness or injury. The policy type is without profits
and can be effected on Single Life or Joint Life
The minimal age at entry is 18 next birthday and maximum age is 60 next birthdays (Must mature on the 70th birthday) and it can cover accidental death benefit (optional) with a twice basic sum assured.
A-Plus Life Assurance Company Limited
They provide the insurer with
- Term insurance which provides temporary needs like home mortgages, short term debt reduction, family income and educational expenses that can last from as little as one year to 30 years. Term insurance provides affordable coverage for a specified number of years. It is the most cost-effective way to cover costs for loved ones left behind. There are a variety of plans ranging from an annual renewable term (1year plan) to a level term plan that could last 10, 15, 20 or 30 years.
- Permanent life insurance covers need that last for your entire life, or potentially for periods of 15 years or more. Unlike term, permanent life insurance builds a cash value that increases the longer the policy is in force. Permanent needs may include final expenses and funds to cover estate taxes and retirement savings protection. Whole life and universal life plans are ideally suited for meeting these goals. With permanent life insurance policy, you’ll have guaranteed protection for your entire life.
What is the other life insurers company?
- Donewell Life Insurance Company Limited
- Enterprise Life Assurance Company Limited
- First Insurance Company Limited
- Ghana Life Insurance Company
- Ghana Union Assurance Life Company Limited
- Glico Life Insurance Company Limited
READ MORE ON STATE INSURANCE COMPANY
Non-Life Insurers Insurance Company
The definition of non-life insurance is that the losses that are incurred from a specific financial event are compensated to the insured. General insurance, property insurance and casualty insurance are other names of non-life insurance. It can be defined as any insurance that is not related to life insurance.
Activa International Insurance Company-Ghana Limited
Health Insurance at Activa International Insurance Company-Ghana Limited covers certain medical expenses and prescription medications. They can be found at No. 188, Boundary Road, Spintex (Coastal Estates) Accra.
Best Assurance Company Limited
Best Assurance Company Limited is an indigenous insurance company licensed by the National Insurance Commission to transact non-life insurance businesses. They can be contacted on the following numbers.
- +233 302 541 746
- +233 302 541 740
- +233 302 541 749
Or you can reach them through an email on [email protected] and are located at 84 Boundary Road East Legon,Opposite American House
Donewell Insurance Company Limited
It is amongst the best health insurance companies in Ghana, and they are known be a limited Liability Company owned by the Methodist Church, Institutional Investors, Professional Trade Associations and other individuals. It has 20 Agency Offices,10 Branches and 65+ Staff Strength.
Enterprise Insurance Company Limited
The Personal Accident Policy at Enterprise Insurance Company Limited provides compensation for those insured against death or injury arising from accidental, violent, external, and visible means.
What are the other non-life insurers?
Sunu Assurances Ghana Limited
Ghana Union Assurance Limited
Glico General Insurance Company Limited
Heritage Energy Insurance Company Limited
Allianz Insurance Company Gh. Ltd
Hollard Insurance Ghana Limited
Imperial General Assurance Company Ltd.
Millennium Insurance Company Limited
These are the names of best health insurance companies in Ghana. This article has provided all names of acclaimed insurance institutions you could insure yourself with.